08 November 2005

Metablogging: Introduction

A warm welcome to my blog! 

I started this blog with the idea of documenting some of the issues I found when working with SQL Server, Oracle and other DBMS, respectively to share some of the techniques used in manipulating data via SQL or other means (including .Net, MS Access or Excel). Therefore, it was intended to be a blog on SQL, data, databases, data processing and related topics, though with time I arrived to share my ideas on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Management, ERP Systems, MS OfficeProject Management, Strategic Management, Performance Management, Programming, Data Science, Software Engineering, Project Management, Systems Engineering, and other topics directly or indirectly related to the work of a data professional. 

Even if I was planning to post periodically, life took over, the professional as well the personal life made it almost impossible do to that. The unavailability of an easy-to-use editor made blogging more complex than it should be, spending more time in formatting than in writing the code. In the end I found a mix of solutions I can work with.

In time, feeling the lack of meaningful and workable definitions, I felt the need to look also in how people define the various concepts related to the above mentioned topics. I started then to collect definitions and quotes that would help me better understand the respective concepts, sharing and updating the respective content as well. 

More recently, I started to share my notes I made over the years - a compilation of text copied from different topics, simplified for review. Unfortunately, some of the resources disappeared from the web, some information got deprecated, respectively are missing in other areas. 

As for myself I have more than 24 years of professional experience in IT in the above mentioned areas.

Happy and errorless coding! 

Best regards,
                        Adrian

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
IT Professional with more than 24 years experience in IT in the area of full life-cycle of Web/Desktop/Database Applications Development, Software Engineering, Consultancy, Data Management, Data Quality, Data Migrations, Reporting, ERP implementations & support, Team/Project/IT Management, etc.